RaceAmerica AC4 and T-Link Wireless with Axware Systems Software
Look for more information in the future on our findings in going from wired to wireless timing!
- AC4 (if not using T-Link directly to PC) must be the latest revision (H.06).
- We ran into issues with the update which you must obtain from RaceAmerica and had to RMA our AC4. I suspect this is related to the cable we were using to connect to the AC4.
- Recommended configuration is to purchase proper cable and Axware Wireless module to connect the T-Link Z (base) directly to the computer.
- Symptoms of having an out-of-date AC4 include replicated run times (for instance out of hundreds of runs we only had 6 that were NOT replicated). After the AC4 update was complete to H.06 issues were resolved.
- T-Link Direct (setup w/out the AC4)
- We have a very old Chronomix display board. The PIN out for the board from the AC4 is NOT the same as the PIN out when using the interconnect display cable.
- PIN out is as follows – XX
- We created a ‘Y’ in the Chronomix display cable so that it could easily be used with either the AC4 or T-Link Direct.
- Event setup for timing has been reduced by at least 30 minutes.
- Timing delays are less prevalent as cable ends are not coming loose and in need of replacement.
- We no longer have to mark where timing cables are ran so that competitors aren’t tripping on them.
- *AC4 – Revision H.06 – (only required if not connecting directly to PC)
- Axware Systems T-Link Wireless Module
- USB Inetconnect Cable (Required for T-Link Directly to the PC)
- Interconnect Cable for display (Required to connect to external number board, also need RS232 to USB adapter)
Axware Systems sells the T-Link in packages that will give you everything needed to operate without the AC4. This is the recommended configuration as all timing functions are then controlled directly from the PC and Timing captures software (Axware TS).